Intro about Silverfish
Silverfish can be difficult for residential and commercial properties to control in NYC & NJ. Having a professional pest control company that specializes in serving New York and New Jersey is essential to a long term Silverfish control solution that provides peace of mind.
Lespisma sacchrina (Linnaeus)
This insect gets its name from its silvery, metallic appearance and fish-like shape and movements. Silverfish have no wings, but are able to run very fast. They tend to hide their presence, which means any damage they cause could go unnoticed for long periods of time.
Silverfish hide during the day, often in tight cracks or crevices. They prefer humid, moist conditions, but can be found almost anywhere in a home, including living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, attics, basements and garages. Silverfish also infest commercial structures such as offices, stores and libraries. Silverfish infest paper, particularly wallpaper, book bindings and envelopes. They readily eat linen, rayon and cotton fabrics as well.
Silverfish do not pose a health threat, but they can cause damage to your home. Over time, they will cause yellow stains, small holes, notches or surface etchings along edges of infested materials.
- Consider a dehumidifier for your home to reduce humidity.
- Repair leaky pipes and drains and eliminate or repair any moldy or wet wood.
- Don’t keep old books and magazines in areas where silverfish are usually found such as basements, attics and garages.
- Keep food items such as flour and sugar in tightly sealed plastic containers.
- If you suspect you have a silverfish infestation, contact a licensed pest professional.
Did you know? Silverfish…
- can survive for weeks without food or water.
- are excellent climbers and often breed in shake roofs.
- are cannibalistic and will eat other dead or injured silverfish
Color:Silver to brown
Size:3⁄₄ inch long
Region:Found throughout the U.S. and the world
Packages For Silverfish Protection
Save Money Today
up to $75 OFF
If you are a new customer, enjoy $75.00 off your Home Pest Protection Premium plan.
Coupon Code: HomePre22